Friday, April 5, 2013

Note to self: Who has all the answers?

What and Who is the be-all and end-all of my life?  My views, opinions, beliefs, or God, who is the One and Only Mind, the Creator of all true Being, Life, Truth, Love?  Whose glory fills the sky?  What can I do that is that great?

Who do I turn to when I’m trying to find an answer?  Me, another person, or God?  Why would it ever be me or any other person instead of God? Is it because I do not know God well enough? Do I not know Mind, God, as ever-present Perfect Selfhood who knows all, does all, created all?  Do I think I’m all alone trying to come up with something, an answer or plan, as if anything is better than nothing? But isn’t that type of grasping at anything pointless and aimed for destined failure?

When I turn to God with my whole heart, listening for higher guidance, learning His ever-presence, do not I feel His Peace and Grace?  Then why would I ever feel the need to do anything without His Will, His Way, His Perfect Selfhood?  Why would I turn to my small view of the Big Picture and try to figure out anything?  Why would I not humbly turn to Him, learn more of who I am through His eyes and His Love for me, and then obediently follow?

It is said, “the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said, Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me. Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? Hast thou perceived the breadth of the earth? declare if thou knowest it all.”1

“O God, thou knowest my foolishness; and my sins are not hid from thee.”2

“Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether. Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it. Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.”3

“Thy ways are not as ours. Thou knowest best what we need most,—hence my disappointed hope and grateful joy.  The redeemed should be happier than the elect.  Truth is strong with destiny; it takes life profoundly; it measures the infinite against the finite.”4

Why would I ever go to my minute sense of knowledge when I can always go to His All-knowing?

Oh may I consecrate my life, my thoughts, my choices, my prayers, to the One All-knowing Mind, God.  How or why would WE do less?

Gentle hug

1 The King James Version of the Bible Job 38:1-7, 18
2 ibid Psalms 69:5
3 ibid Psalms 139:2-12

4 Miscellany by Mary Baker Eddy page 229 lines 27 to 1

No comments:

Post a Comment