Monday, May 6, 2013

No and Know

It is said in the Holy Bible, “For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord.  So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.1

Then explained in the Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy, Do not believe in any supposed necessity for sin, disease, and death, knowing (as you out to know) that God never requires obedience to a so-called material law, for no such law exists. The belief in sin and death is destroyed by the law of God, which is the law of Life instead of death, of harmony instead of discord, of Spirit instead of the flesh.2
We can say ‘No’ when we know what is right or wrong. We can say ‘no’ to the temptations when we know that our Master, Christ Jesus knew God intimately and revealed to us our relationship to our divine Parent.  We can say ‘no’ to pain, sorrow, hurt feelings, anger, resentment and all sorts of other temptations (sins) that try to carry us away from our harmonious being as the children of God.

Little ones learn the word ‘no’ very early. They have a sense of justice, right and wrong, and what they need to make them happy. We too can say ‘no’ to things that are not right. We can have the courage to stand up and say, ‘no’.  We can regain our position, not as slaves to temptation or wrong. But by saying ‘no’ to them we are saying, ‘yes’ to all that God is giving to us as His perfect children, our good from Him who is all Good.
By saying, ‘yes’ to the Love, Truth, Life, the who of God and the what He is giving to us, we are saying ‘yes’ to the receiving of this Life, Truth and Love. Through knowing that God is all Good, all Love, all Truth, the Life of all being and that is Divine. We can know, because God is constantly revealing to us what He knows and has created, that all that He has made is for us to live and enjoy.

He is bringing us forward in His Mind, His knowledge, wisdom and guidance through His perfect intelligence to an understanding of our freedom in living our perfect being as His children. We can live lives better, fuller, more harmonious when we ‘know’ what to say ‘no’ to and what to follow and agree with all along the way.
God gives to us the Christ that reveals, guides, shows us God’s Perfect Selfhood.  This Christ Truth represents, opens, explains, guides, all into His perfect Way. The Christ is the Way revealing to us our rights as the children of God. The Christ is the pathway for us to follow so that we can always see what to say ‘no’ to and what we get to say ‘yes’ to. The Christ is the true knowledge of Good. The Christ is our ‘knowing’ between the right and what to dismiss as the wrong.

"O then give thanks to God on high,
Who life to all is giving;
The hosts of death before Him fly,
In Him we all are living.
Then let us know no fear,
Our King is ever near;
Our stay and fortress strong,
Our strength, our hope, our song;
His kingdom is forever.”3

Let us ‘know’ ‘no’ so that we can say ‘no’ to the wrong and ‘know’ and do the right.
Hugs


1 The King James Version of the Holy Bible Epistle to the Romans 7 vss. 18-25
2 Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy page 253 lines 25-31
3 Christian Science Hymnal No. 10 vs. 3

No comments:

Post a Comment