Friday, March 29, 2013

I can, I will, I do, I AM

[This blog touches upon a subject matter too large for a simple blog to cover.  This can only be a springboard to more personal study by all.  It gives thought direction towards the Divine relationship between God and man.  It reveals, to thought, the position of God and Man.  It shows how one must think through the daily temptations, decisions, opportunities that come to us with the knowledge that there is a Higher Purpose, a Higher thought than mortal man can begin to understand or follow.  This blog is to reveal Man and his relationship to God to be Divine, with perfect direction, purpose and plan.  ‘Man where unaided must fail but with God he prevails’.]

Throughout The Holy Bible, we find a conversation between God and Man, the Man of His creating.  But we also find the selfish world of ‘i’, where the ego of man brings with it all of the wars, heartaches, unhappiness that this ‘i’ leads mankind through.  The study of this precious Book reveals to us how we should see the ‘I’ of our lives.  The ‘I’ that leads to peace and purpose or the ‘i’ that leads us headlong into personal discouragements and disasters.

Christ Jesus, the most holy man that walked this earth said, “I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.”1 God’s words answering back to this humble sentiment, “ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.”2

The humility that Christ Jesus reveals protects us from self-will.  It is the true sentiment of Self-knowledge where God is the Self that man must turn to always. The knowledge that man can do nothing productive, progressive, or constructive without the Divine Will creates in us a protected standpoint in all things.  If we try to do anything without the Knowledge and Will of the “Father which hath sent me”, then we start everything in our daily lives in the wrong direction.  This leads to the necessity to then backtrack, reverse our personal agenda course, and go to where God is ‘the temple’ where we dwell, walk, and are the people of God.

It is highly important for all mankind to turn to God as the One in who we dwell, the perfect All-knowing, Mind, God.  When this is done we see what and how we should be and do.  Otherwise our lives are like a johnboat cast on the high seas.  Without the substance, intelligence, wisdom to handle all that is here for us to do we flounder and begin to drown.  We cannot boldly go onto these waters of thought without God’s Being and direction.

When the chief priest, and the scribes, and the elders pushed Jesus on the position of who and what his authority was “Jesus answered and said unto them, I will also ask of you one question, and answer me, and I will tell you by what authority I do these things.”3 The question Jesus asked them they turned into a no-win tongue twister.  They analyzed the question back and forth to the point that they got nowhere.  We must not over analyze our personal decisions and positions in life but give all our thoughts and actions over to the Christ life, the animating power that is within each of us, and follow the Will of our Divine Parent, God.  We must not be egotists but children, Children of the One God, the offspring of this Perfect Spirit, Love.

When we are sent to do and live out His Will we can see the promise, courage, and staff that God gave to Moses when he felt so unsure of his position in God’s purpose, His Life that Moses had been created to express.  Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.”4

“Man is not the offspring of flesh, but of Spirit,—of Life, not of matter.  Because Life is God, Life must be eternal, self-existent.  Life is the everlasting I AM, the Being who was and is and shall be, whom nothing can erase.”5

How important, how imperative our lives must be, seen through the Will and direction of God.  How futile, pointless, dangerous it is to try to live otherwise.  Why and how could man possibly live successful through the personal agenda of the little ‘i’ where God, the Creator, the Life of all Being, fills all space?  We have to come to the humble position that the only “I AM” there is is God and His All-knowing expression, manifested through His creation, Man.  Let us begin to live our days in the right manner, with God’s Will and Love above all things as our direction.  Let us live lives consecrated in His Purpose and power. Let us humbly turn our lives to the great “I AM” the One Life who we forever dwell in and express.

“Mighty Spirit, dwell with me:
I myself would mighty be,
Mighty, that I may prevail
Where unaided man must fail;
Ever by triumphant hope
Pressing on and bearing up.”6

Only God can bring us gladness,
Only God can give us peace;
Joys are vain that end in sadness,
Joy divine shall never cease.
Mid the shade of want and sorrow
Undisturbed, our hearts rejoice;
Patient, wait the brighter morrow;
Faithful, heed the Father's voice.”7

Gentle hug
1 John 5:30
2 II Corinthians 6:16 (ye)
3 Mark 11 vs. 28, 29
4 Exodus 3 vs. 13-15
5 Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy pg. 289 lines 31-2 n.p.
6 Christian Science Hymnal Hymn 88 vs. 3
7 ibid. Hymn 263 vs. 1

No comments:

Post a Comment