Monday, March 4, 2013

Dearly Beloved, God justifies

The second verse of a favorite hymn states,
"Fear not, I am with thee, O be not dismayed,
For I am thy God, I will still give thee aid;
I'll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to
stand,
Upheld by My gracious, omnipotent hand;"1

Feeling unloveable, out of sync, lonely?  Have you ever loved someone that just didn't get you or thought badly of you unjustifiably?

Trying to find acceptance from people can be frustrating, hurtful, and pointless.  The Holy Bible states, "Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect?  It is God that jutstifieth.”2

The frustration of trying to justify ourselves can become a never ending battle.  This battle we can remove ourselves from by realizing that God knows us exactly as we are and He is very pleased.  In Proverbs it states, "I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;"3

God's love and regard for His creation is higher than we can even acknowledge and accept.  But when we realize that He it is that values us.  We should look to Him and not to people to gain our sense of peace.

God is Love, look to Him.
Gentle Hugs

1 Christian Science Hymnal No. 123 vs. 2
2 Romans 8:33
3 Proverbs 8:30

No comments:

Post a Comment